Author Guide of Newpubli Express in General
You qualify to submit a manuscript to Newpubli for publication if the first or corresponding author of the manuscript has done research for no less than five years.
If you believe the famous saying, All is not gold that glitters, but gold will glitter forever, you should consider to publish your articles in Newpubli Express. This is because:
(1) different from other academic journals without peer review, your article published by Newpubli Express will be given three value ranks through post-publication citation, and these three value ranks can reflect the value of your article in a simple, clear and fair way, giving the opportunities for your “gold” to “glitter”;
(2) you will know the decision about your manuscript within days after submission;
(3) your manuscripts will be formally published immediately after acceptance;
(4) your manuscripts will not be rejected because of wrong peer review comments;
(5) your manuscripts will not be rejected because of limited value or technical unreliability;
(6) readers can access the full text of your article free of charge;
(7) you need not pay any fee for open access publication;
(8) you will have chances to be awarded as an excellent author and selected as an academic editor of the journal;
(9) you can protect your copyright of your manuscripts provided they are accessible without any limitation.
Different from other academic journals without peer review, Newpubli Express gives automatically each published article three value ranks, namely the OY-Rank, TY-Rank and FY-Rank, based on the times of being cited after publication. For example, if an article published by Newpubli Express has been cited by 2, 7 and 15 times within the first one, two and five years after publication, the OY-Rank, TY-Rank and FY-Rank of the article is 2 (=2/1), 3.5 (=7/2), and 3 (=15/5), respectively. These three value ranks can reflect the value of an article in a simple, clear and fair way, although they can not reflect the value in a timely way as they are not available until the relevant article has been published for one, two and five years, respectively.
Authors are encouraged to actively communicate with relevant researchers about their articles published in Newpubli Express, through meetings, blogs, emails, personal talks, etc., so that their articles published by Newpubli Express will be of more opportunities to be known and cited.
Your article will be accepted soon after manuscript submission if it has met all the following six requirements as judged by an inner editor of the journal:
(1) the first or corresponding author of the manuscript has done research for no less than five years;
(2) the article is well written in English;
(3) the article is well written in the required format as set forth in Guidelines for Manuscript Preparation;
(4) the article is mainly based on based on novel data, novel inferences, and/or novel views;
(5) the relevant work has met the ethical requirements as set forth in Editorial Policies of Newpubli Express;
(6) the manuscript has met the copyright requirements as set forth in Editorial Policies of Newpubli Express.
Authors need not pay any fee for open-access publication in Newpubli Express. Although authors need not pay any fee for open-access publication, they are hoped to actively participate in the peer review of the journal.
From the lessons some academic journals have experienced in recent years, some people or entities might require you to pay some money for open-access publication in Newpubli or Newpubli Express through telephone, emails or other ways. These requirements are ALL fraud and should be sent from cheats, and you should not believe them. We wish you could send us such fraud information to us in time.
Before you prepare your manuscript, you should check whether you qualify to submit your manuscript to Newpubli Express, and whether your manuscript has met all the aforementioned six requirements for publication in Newpubli Express, and you should read this Author Guide carefully.
You should pay enough attention to that the value of your manuscript can be significantly improved through the first and the second stages of peer review.
You should have checked and revised your manuscript for enough times before you submit your manuscript.
You should know a statistical rule regarding manuscript revision: if you have identified n errors in your manuscript through a thorough check and revised the manuscript accordingly, then you can identify approximately n/4 errors in your manuscript through a new thorough check. For example, if you have identified 20 errors in your manuscript through a thorough check and revised the manuscript accordingly, then you can identify approximately 5 (= 20/4) errors in your manuscript through a new thorough check. Please check and revise your manuscript for really enough times according to this rule.
Your submission should contain the following files in order:
(1) Cover Letter in PDF;
(2) Manuscript in DOC or DOCX;
(3) Figures (optional);
(4) Attachments (optional);
You should prepare these files strictly according to Guidelines for Manuscript Preparation.
These files should be compressed into one zip or rar file, and then you submit this compressed file and relevant information to Newpubli Express through your Newpubli account. If you do not have an account in Newpubli, please click here to register one. When you sign in your Newpubli account, you can enter the main menu of your account by clicking your account name at the upper-right corner of the web page (click here to see an example).
To submit successfully your manuscript to Newpubli Express, you computer should contain the software of Adobe Flash Player. Usually, your computer has been installed with the software tool, otherwise you cannot view online videos. You can download and install the software from here.
Although Newpubli Express shall not invite any experts to review your manuscripts submitted to Newpubli Express for publication, you need to consider whether you should invite some experts to revise your manuscripts. Before you invite an expert to conduct the peer review, you should have checked and revised your manuscript for enough times. The expert you invite should have much experience in the field and English expression. You should revise your manuscript according to the advice given by the expert. Usually, you should tell in detail the expert how you have revised the manuscript according to his or her advice, by email or another way. If you do not accept one or more pieces of the advice, you should explain to the expert in a polite manner. You can invite the expert to provide revision advice again after you have revised the manuscript according to his or her revision advice, especially after you have revised your manuscript greatly. You should consider whether you should invite more than one expert to provide revision advice for you. Your graduate supervisors, your graduate classmates, your colleagues, your friends, and the experts who have published similar articles can all be the candidates of the peer reviewers you can invite, provided they have much experience in the field and English expression, and keep your manuscript confidential.
You should consider whether and how to reward the experts you invite in a rational way, e.g., through payment or providing some service for them. You can reward them according to their contribution, e.g., the payment you reward an expert who has provided you many constructive comments can be more than that you reward another expert who has provided you few constructive comments. If an expert you invited has contributed critically to data analysis, data interpretation and/or manuscript writing, you should consider whether you should list him or her as a co-author of the manuscript according to Editorial Policies of Newpubli Express, and this is also a way you reward them.
You also should consider whether your manuscript should be proofread by a scientific editing company.
After your manuscript has been published by Newpubli Express, some readers may make comments on your articles. You should consider whether and how you should respond to the comments. Sometimes, Newpubli Express requires you to respond to the comments.
The corresponding author will gain 100 points if he or she has published an article in Newpubli Express, and further 100 × (N-1) points if the OY-Rank of the article is N (N = 1, 2, 3, etc.).
A corresponding author will be awarded by Newpubli as an Excellent Author if he or she has accumulated every 500 points for publishing articles in Newpubli or Newpubli Express, and an Excellent Author shall qualify to be an academic editor of Newpubli, if he or she is willing to fulfill the responsibilities of AEs of Newpubli.
An author of Newpubli or Newpubli Express will be promoted to a 3-Star or N-Star Author of the journal, if he or she has been awarded for 3 or N times by Newpubli as an Excellent Author.
You should comply with all the editorial policies of Newpubli Express on open-access publication and protection of your copyright of your articles, preprint, and news published by Newpubli Express:
(1) the copyright of an article, preprint, and news published by Newpubli Express belongs to its authors who can be represented by the corresponding author;
(2) anyone can read, download, save, copy and print any article, preprint and news published by Newpubli Express without any restriction;
(3) the corresponding author can require that any part of the relevant article, preprint and news published by Newpubli Express cannot be used without the permission signed by the corresponding author for commercial use;
(4) the corresponding author can require that any part of the relevant article, preprint and news published by Newpubli Express cannot be used without appropriate citation;
(5) all authors should allow the metadata of preprints and articles published by Newpubli Express related to indexing, searching and citation should be used without any restriction.
Last Update: 01/03/2016.
© 2016 Newpubli Corporation